As a car owner, you’ve probably wondered at some point, “Can I mount a GoPro on my car?” Whether you’re planning to capture an adventurous road trip or want to film the surrounding landscapes, you’re in luck. The short answer is yes, you absolutely can. It’s easy, fun, and the results can be highly rewarding.
To get the best experience and ensure safety, it’s important to use the right equipment. This article will explore the aspects of mounting a GoPro on your car, how it can be done effectively, and things you need to consider.
Things to Consider for Getting GoPro for Car
Choosing the Right Equipment
When you mount a GoPro on your car, your first consideration is choosing the right mount. Different mounts may be more suitable depending on the type of shots you want to take. The article delves into the various types of mounts available and which might be best for your needs. Considerations include the material of the mount, suction power, stability, and the angle range of the mount.
Choosing the right position for mounting your GoPro is crucial for capturing the best footage. Common positions are on the dashboard, windscreens, side windows, or even the car’s exterior, such as the hood or roof. Each location offers a unique perspective:
- Dashboard: This position provides a driver’s point-of-view shot, capturing the car’s interior and the road ahead.
- Windscreen: This gives a clear forward-facing view, useful for capturing the road or landscape in front.
- Side Windows/Roof: These positions offer great options for capturing scenic drives or racing footage.
- Hood or Roof: These positions capture a higher viewpoint and can add an interesting perspective to your footage.
When it comes to actually mounting the GoPro on your car, the process is relatively straightforward. However, there are a few key steps to ensure a secure and stable mount:
- Clean the Surface: Clean the area where you plan to attach the mount before mounting. This will ensure the mount adheres securely.
- Attach the Mount: Attach the GoPro mount to your chosen position on the car. Make sure it is firmly attached and doesn’t move.
- Attach the GoPro: Attach your GoPro to the mount. Most mounts use a simple click-and-lock system to secure the camera.
- Adjust the Angle: Once the camera is secured, adjust the angle to capture the view you want.
Remember, if you are attaching the GoPro to the car’s exterior, ensure the mount is highly secure, as high speeds and wind can put a lot of pressure on the equipment.
Safety and Legal Considerations
Before you mount your GoPro and hit the road, it’s essential to consider safety and legal implications. Make sure the mount and camera do not obstruct your view or distract you while driving.
In some locations, it’s illegal to have objects on the windscreen that could obstruct the driver’s view. So, always check local laws and regulations before mounting a GoPro in your car.
Mounting a GoPro on your car can open a new world of filmmaking and capture unforgettable moments. This will enhance your ability to secure the camera and capture incredible footage from different perspectives. Just remember, safety is paramount.
Ensure your GoPro is secured, your view is unobstructed, and you adhere to local laws. Now, enjoy the journey and capture some amazing footage!
I am an Automotive specialist. I graduated from Michigan with Bachelor in Automotive Engineering and Management. Also, I hold degrees in Electrical and Automation Engineering (BEng), Automatic and Industrial Electronic Engineering, and Automotive Technology. I have worked at General Motors Company for over five years as the Marketing Operations Production Coordinator. Now, I own my garage in Miami, Florida. I love cars and love to share everything about them with my readers. I am the founder of the Automotiveex blog, where I share everything about automotive, like car news, car mechanical issues, and anything else that comes up in my blog posts.