Concrete mixers are essential equipment in the building sector all around the world. They’re made for a single, clear purpose: to mix concrete to the proper consistency. It must, however, be handled carefully and thoroughly maintained, just like any other heavy machinery. We’ll look at how does a cement truck work in this article, as well as concrete mixer guidelines for getting the most out of the equipment.
What is the Role of a Concrete Mixer Truck Driver?
A concrete mixer truck driver delivers concrete from a mixer to building sites in a specialized vehicle. Your responsibilities include loading the truck with the necessary ingredients (like cement), mixing concrete ahead of time for a task, emptying the concrete under the supervision of a supervisor or other contractor, and returning the vehicle.
Cleaning the vehicle and completing other maintenance activities as needed, such as daily inspections of the truck and equipment and documenting mileage, are also part of your responsibilities.
How Does a Cement Truck Work?
The concrete mixer and the standing concrete mixer both function on the same concept. A big oval drum or bucket rotates continuously in both. The drum is always tilted to ensure that all concrete is thoroughly mixed. There are a few fundamental measures to take while using stationary concrete mixers on building sites to produce the greatest possible concrete mix:
Get the right recipe
The cement mix must be 100% correct to get the best cement as well as baking the cake. You need to get the right ingredients. Concrete consists of stone, cement, sand, and water in the ratio:
- 1 bag of cement 50 kg
- 90 liters of medium sand
- 36 liters of water
- 90 liters of stone/gravel
The efficient method for mixing concrete is to:
- While the mixer is running, add the stone/gravel.
- Add half the water and stir for one minute.
- Add the cement mixture and mix for one minute.
- Pour in the remaining water and sand.
- Allow the whole mixture to stir for another three minutes.
Always tilt the drum
To achieve thorough mixing of all concrete, the concrete mixer or drum should always be used in an inclined posture. The drum should ideally be tilted at a 60-degree angle to the tilt wheel, which will prevent the contents from overflowing.
Give time for materials to form together.
You may be enticed to speed up the concrete mixing process. However, it’s critical to stick to the formula and allow enough time for the concrete to thoroughly mix.
Do not do this when working with the finisher
There are some points to keep in mind when working with a concrete mixer:
- Do not overload the mixer. Observe its load-bearing capacity to achieve the correct concrete consistency, it may not mix properly and even break the machine arm when the machine is overloaded.
- Do not forget to maintain the machine. Bearings and mixing points should be lubricated weekly.
- Be sure to check the smooth running of the ring and adjust if necessary.
- Never allow the mixture to dry. You should spray the drum every day with a high-pressure cleaner to remove any concrete residue. Otherwise, the concrete in the drum will dry and harden, which may cause damage.
- Never try to remove old hardened concrete by hitting the drum with a shovel or other item, as this will distort the drum’s shape and cause major damage to the machine.
- Check the engine, such as the air filter, every day to ensure it is clear of dust or debris, and check the oil level to keep the concrete mixer in good working order. The drive belt should be checked for appropriate alignment and tension on a regular basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a cement truck?
A cement truck is different from a concrete truck. A cement truck is a truck without a mixing drum and has a mixing drum to mix the concrete on the way to the construction site.
What are the stipulations for using a concrete truck?
Companies generally consider graduates with a high academy parchment or a GED instrument. You can get a basic job if you have experience with heavy vehicles or other types of concrete mixers.
How does a concrete truck work?
A rotating drum is mounted on the back of the crane. This drum combines the ingredients: cement (a complex mixture of minerals), water, yet boulder overbuilding websites the place much less figured is required (or stone). Portable concrete mixers are still used today.
Can a truck driver earn 100,000 a year?
Even if you cannot earn $ 100,000 a year with the experience and experience of a truck driver, knowledge, CDL training, and a relevant company, you can earn more than $ 80,000 on a truck driver’s salary.
Is It Possible To Make Millions Of Dollars As A Truck Driver?
Truck transport is a multi-billion dollar business that pays well for those who make a lot of money. As a result, shipping companies can be very successful; you can become a millionaire in just 2 years. It has the potential to become your greatest dream if not handled properly.
What are the ideal means of removing concrete from a truck?
Concrete trucks can pour concrete from the tank to the prepared position using rails or long hoses. The trough method for feeding is best suited for pouring at ground level. The truck driver places a gutter over the work area and turns the drum to pour the material onto the floor.
What happens if the cement dries in the truck?
When concrete debris collects in the drum, the efficiency of the mixer will gradually decrease, i.e. you cannot transport as much fresh concrete as a clean drum. All the concrete left in the drum is heavy and heavier trucks draw more fuel.
I am an Automotive specialist. I graduated from Michigan with Bachelor in Automotive Engineering and Management. Also, I hold degrees in Electrical and Automation Engineering (BEng), Automatic and Industrial Electronic Engineering, and Automotive Technology. I have worked at General Motors Company for over five years as the Marketing Operations Production Coordinator. Now, I own my garage in Miami, Florida. I love cars and love to share everything about them with my readers. I am the founder of the Automotiveex blog, where I share everything about automotive, like car news, car mechanical issues, and anything else that comes up in my blog posts.