If you will surprise someone by giving them a car, then I suggest you bow your car. Suppose you don’t know how to car bow. Then there is no need to worry about it.
I am here to assist you after going through this blog post. You will be able to bow your car without anyone’s assistance.
I will discuss these points which you have to follow while car bowing.
- Gather Supplies – ribbon, scissors, tape, and a foam wreath form
- Cut the length of the ribbon – measure the circumference of the wreath form and cut the length of the ribbon accordingly
- Create the loop – make a loop with the ribbon, and make sure to leave enough slack for the bow
- Twist the loop – twist the ribbon loop and make it secure with tape
- Create the base – make the base of the bow by tying the ribbon around the wreath form in a bow shape
- Create the bow center – make the center of the bow by tying the ribbon around the wreath form in a bow shape
- Secure the bow – attach the bow to the car with tape
- Finishing touches – add decorations such as flowers or ribbons to make your bow stand out.
How to Make a Car Bow
The first step in making a ribbon bow for your car is gathering all the necessary supplies.
- Ribbon (your choice of color and material)
- Foam wreath form
The ribbon can be of any color and material, depending on the occasion or event you’re celebrating.
Cut the Length of the Ribbon
The second step is to measure the circumference of the wreath form and cut the length of the ribbon accordingly.
You can use a measuring tape to get the exact length you need. It’s important to ensure you have enough ribbon to create the bow, tails, and loops.
To make a ribbon, you have to:
- Draw a rectangle at the end of 1 side. As shown in picture 1.
- Then trace the triangle with scissors. It should look like picture 2.
- Make another ribbon like it.
- After that, pour the glue gun into one end of the ribbon. As shown in picture 3.
- Then attach a ribbon to it. As shown in picture 4.
Create the Loop
The third step is to create the loop of the ribbon. Make a loop with the ribbon, and leave enough slack for the bow.
You can adjust the size of the loop according to your preference. But I am cutting my loop with the size of (4×22). You have to cut 8 loops. All loops should be equal, as shown in Picture 2.
Twist the Loop
The fourth step is to twist the ribbon loop and secure it with tape, as shown in the picture above.
You can add a twist tie or wire to make it more secure.
You have to use a glue gun after twisting it, as shown in picture 2. If you don’t have a glue gun, you can use another glue, but it should be a strong adhesive.
Then join 2 of them together, as did in picture 3.
Create the Base
The fifth step is to make the base of the bow by tying the ribbon around the wreath form in a bow shape. Make sure the bow is centered on the wreath form. All you have to do is:
- You have to pour glue in the center of the loop and then attach it, as shown in picture 1.
- Start attaching them in different dimensions.
- Then gently press that area to stick it properly. As shown in picture 2.
- Pour, attach, and press until you get the shape shown in Picture 3.
Create the Bow Center
The sixth step is to make the center of the bow by tying the ribbon around the wreath form in a bow shape. Make sure it is centered on the base of the bow.
Attach the ribbon
As shown in the above picture, you must pour glue on the ribbon and then attach it with a base loop.
Then attach it back to your bow base.
Secure the Bow
The seven-step is to attach the bow to the car with tape. You can place it on the hood, roof, or back of the car. Make sure it’s secure and won’t fall off while driving.
The eighth and final step is to add decorations, such as flowers or ribbons, to make your bow stand out. You can also use a hot glue gun to attach additional decorations. Be creative and have fun with it!
Read More: How to Prove Someone Vandalized Your Car
Suppose you want to do something new for someone. Then, bow your car. You can do it in half-hour easily.
First, you must grab the abovementioned necessities and follow the abovementioned steps.
If you are trying to surprise someone with a bow car, then trust me, you will get success in it.
I am an Automotive specialist. I graduated from Michigan with Bachelor in Automotive Engineering and Management. Also, I hold degrees in Electrical and Automation Engineering (BEng), Automatic and Industrial Electronic Engineering, and Automotive Technology. I have worked at General Motors Company for over five years as the Marketing Operations Production Coordinator. Now, I own my garage in Miami, Florida. I love cars and love to share everything about them with my readers. I am the founder of the Automotiveex blog, where I share everything about automotive, like car news, car mechanical issues, and anything else that comes up in my blog posts.